Welcome to Lake Stevens Schools! We are excited to welcome you and your child to our school district. We are proud of our schools, teachers, students and facilities, and want to make this first step in your child's education a great experience.Kindergarten Parent Information Night is an important event to attend.
All six of the district's elementary schools will hold a Kindergarten Parent Information Night Thursday, March 13, 2014, at 6:30 p.m.Inscripcion de Kindergarten 2014 (general kindergarten information in Spanish)Реєстрація в Кіндергартен – 13 березня в початкових школах (general kindergarten information in Ukrainian)Enrollment packet (enrollment forms in English)Kindergarten enrollment packets may be completed and dropped off at your neighborhood school beginning March 17, 2014. In order to attend kindergarten in the fall of 2014, a child must be five-years-old on or before Aug. 31, 2014.When registering your student, please bring the following required documents:
- Completed Enrollment Packet
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Immunization
- Proof of Residence (includes lease or rental agreement, PUD bill or cable bill)If you are not sure which neighborhood school your student is to attend, please reference the District School Boundaries Map or call the Lake Stevens School District Transportation Department at 425-335-1508.For additional information about registration, contact your neighborhood school:
Glenwood Elementary (425) 335-1510 Highland Elementary (425) 335-1585 Hillcrest Elementary (425) 335-1545 Mt. Pilchuck Elementary (425) 335-1525 Skyline Elementary (425) 335-1520 Sunnycrest Elementary (425) 335-1535Tuition-Based Full Day KindergartenTuition based full day kindergarten is offered on a limited basis in all of our elementary schools. The tuition-based program is an option that is provided on a space-available basis and will be contingent upon sufficient enrollment to fill the class. The program is funded by a tuition fee that pays the difference between the state-funded program and the full-day (every day) kindergarten program.
- A kindergarten registration packet must be submitted with the application or already on file at the school.
- Initial applications for the full-day kindergarten program will take place between Monday, March 17, 2014, and Friday, May 23, 2014, at 12 p.m.
- Parents should complete an application form and return it to the school with a $150 deposit check, made payable to Lake Stevens School District. This deposit is non-refundable except under the circumstances that we are unable to offer your child a place in the program.
- Applications will be accepted on a space available basis.
- School principals will notify parents after May 23 to verify that a place has been secured for their child.
- If insufficient applications have been received by May 23, parents will be notified of this and a refund of the deposit will be made. In this case, students will be enrolled in the regular kindergarten program.
Tuition for the full-day program for the 2014-15 school year is $2,950.
A limited number of reduced-fee tuition spaces are available to students who qualify based on family income. The criteria used in determining this qualification follows the same guidelines as the free or reduced-price lunch program. The reduced tuition will be one-half of the regular tuition. If you think you might qualify for reduced-fee tuition, please complete the Reduced Tuition Application Form.
Out of District Students:
Out of district students will be considered for the full-day (every day) program on a space available basis after places have been offered to resident students.Tuition packet en Español: