POLICY NO. 1320
Materials submitted by outside organizations or individuals are not to be made available to students or families unless authorization has been received from the Superintendent of Schools or his/her designee. The professional judgment of the Superintendent or his/her designee with respect to the social, recreational, or educational value for the students shall govern the decision making process.
1. Materials from agencies shall be approved or disapproved each time the material is presented to the District.
2. Only materials from nonprofit agencies will be considered for approval.
3. Agencies are responsible for bundling and delivering materials to the schools.
4. Materials will be available for students/families to pick up in the main office of the individual schools.
5. All flyers to be distributed must include the following disclaimer:
The (Insert program name) is not a School District sponsored event. School Districts have neither reviewed nor approved the program, personnel, activities, or organizations announced in this flyer. Permission to distribute this flyer should not be considered a recommendation or endorsement of the program by the school district. In consideration of the privilege to distribute this flyer, the school district shall be held harmless from any cause of action or claim arising out of the distribution of this flyer including all costs, attorney’s fees and judgment or awards. Although approving distribution of this information, the School Districts do not assume responsibility for the content or activities described herein.
Totals for Semester Distribution Numbers:
Highland Elementary School - 26 bundles in groups of 25 (650 copies)
Skyline Elementary School - 20 bundles in groups of 30 (600 copies)
Sunnycrest Elementary School - 25 bundles in groups of 30 (750 copies)
Hillcrest Elementary School - 26 bundles in groups of 30 (780 copies)
Mt. Pilchuck Elementary School - 23 bundles in groups of 30 (690)
Glenwood Elementary School - 550 copies, no bundles
TOTAL: 4,020 copies