Community Service Opportunities 2015 - 2016
There are several volunteer opportunities with Fibershed of the Greater Northwest.
The Snohomish Farmers Market is looking for volunteers to work on Thursday evenings May through September from 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM ( www.snohomishfarmersmarket.com ). There are several different jobs available from set-up/tear-down to customer service. Contact Sarah Dylan Jensen at 425.280.4150 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- July 23th they are having a Farm to Table Dinner and Fiber Fashion Show in Clearview from 12:00 PM to 9:00 PM - contact Melanie@fibersoftheworld.com
- September 24th they are having a Farm to Table Dinner and Fiber Fashion Show in Lake Stevens (they will need help Thursday, Friday and Saturday) - contact Marlene@fibersoftheworld.com
The Hungry Hearts Foundation is looking for volunteers to help out with this year's USDA Summer Lunch Program. It takes place on weekdays from June 16th through August 5th - and runs from approximately 11:45 AM - 1:00 PM. For more information or to sign up email email@example.com.
Here is a great new way to learn about community service opportunities. Volunteers can now "Get Connected" with United Way of Snohomish County. The company launched a new web page that will streamline how volunteers find local nonprofits that need your help. Find the site @ http://getconnected.uwsc.org and get plugged in to help out.
Do you love to volunteer your time to help others? Are you always looking for new ways to do more? Fill out an application to be a student leader with the Volunteers of America Western Washington's Youth Action Team. Below is the application for the upcoming school year 2016-2017: Youth Action Team Application. Don't miss out on this great volunteer and leadership opportunity.
Special Friends Day Camp at Warm Beach is looking for volunteers to be a "Buddy" for a special needs camper at one of their week long summer camps this year. There are 6 different sessions running from June through August. You will get 2 days of training at the beginning of the week and volunteers are welcome to camp overnight. For more information go to warm beach special friends day camps or contact Nikki Rossiter at 360.312.4984 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember - the following organizations listed below need help ALL YEAR! Give them a call and see how you can volunteer throughout this school year.
Lake Stevens Family Center always needs helpers, contact Charlen Fysh at 425.397.7433
- YMCA in Marysville, contact Amanda Knight at 360.651.1616
- Boys & Girls Club of Lake Stevens
- Lil Hungry Hearts, helping to feed hungry students in Lake Stevens, contact Anita Caffee at email@example.com
- Earn a varsity letter in community service through Youth United. Must qualify and fill out application available on their website, http:// www.uwsc.org/varsityletter.php. There are deadlines to be eligible so make sure to check it out.
- Food Banks: Lake Stevens (Jim Foster 425.422.6962); Snohomish (firstname.lastname@example.org); Marysville (email@example.com)
- Sherwood Learning Center of Lake Stevens: Contact Lane 425.334.4071