Community Service Opportunities 2015 - 2016
2015 Holiday Drive starts December 1 @ LSHS. Want to know how you can show generosity to your community this holiday season? Looking to earn community service hours through giving? Click here to read the flyer for all the updated information.
Festival of Trees is back! Sign ups fill up fast for this great holiday event which benefits Providence Children's Services. Volunteers needed for their dinner and auction of the elaborately decorated Christmas trees, Teddy Bear Breakfast and public viewing of the trees.December 1st - 5th at Tulalip Resort in Marysville. Contact Sharron White at email@example.com or call 425.258.7999.
The Dickens Fair is fast approaching on Saturday, December 5th. They are in need of volunteers to help with set up, greeting patrons, collecting and organizing donated food and clean up. Volunteers are needed from 7:15 AM to 5:00 PM. Please contact Tiffini Schlosser at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425.335.1668.
Eagle Wings is a charity that puts on events for persons with disabilities and their families living in Snohomish County. Their mission is to help these people get out of their homes or assisted living facilities and socializing. The next event is a Christmas party at the Everett Yacht Club on December 5th from 3:30 to 8:00 PM. Please contact Kinder Smoots at 360.658.6093 or email at email@example.com
Grandparents raising grandchildren: Come help take care of kids while their grandparents attend a meeting. December 10th from 6:30 to 7:30 PM at Ebenezer Lutheran Church. Please contact Melissa at 425.397.7433
Mt. Pilchuck PTA is looking for volunteers to help with childcare at their monthly meetings. Also needing help for their Family Game night being held on January 22nd. Call Jessica San Luis to sign up or for more information call 253.777.9032.
Glenwood Elementary PTA is looking for students to help watch children of parents attending their meetings each month. They usually have meetings the third Tuesday of each month. Contact Justin Heggem @ 206.713.1983 to sign up.
Ebenezer Lutheran Church in Lake Stevens needs helpers for their monthly Pancake Breakfast. Always the third Saturday of the month beginning at 7:30 a.m. and ending at 11 a.m. at Ebenezer Church. Contact Mike Shephard at 425.334.7517 or 425.231.9435.
Remember - the following organizations listed below need help ALL YEAR! Give them a call and see how you can volunteer throughout this school year.
Lake Stevens Family Center always needs helpers, contact Charlen Fysh at 425.397.7433
- YMCA in Marysville, contact Amanda Knight at 360.651.1616
- Boys & Girls Club of Lake Stevens
- Lil Hungry Hearts, helping to feed hungry students in Lake Stevens, contact Anita Caffee at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Earn a varsity letter in community service through Youth United. Must qualify and fill out application available on their website, http:// www.uwsc.org/varsityletter.php. There are deadlines to be eligible so make sure to check it out.
- Food Banks: Lake Stevens (Jim Foster 425.422.6962); Snohomish (email@example.com); Marysville (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sherwood Learning Center of Lake Stevens: Contact Lane 425.334.4071