Community Service Opportunities 2015 - 2016
Attention all Math Geniuses! Or potential English Scholars! Earn your community service hours by doing what you already know and provide some much needed tutoring to fellow LSHS students. Interested? See Mrs. Reid in room 107 to get all the details.
The Marysville YMCA has several volunteer opportunities available. If interested, contact Allison Hoot at 360.651.1607 or email@example.com for more information or to sign-up:
Glenwood Elementary needs your help! If they don't get more volunteers they will have to cancel the carnival. They are looking for volunteers to help set up on Friday, May 20th from 5:00 -7:00 PM (pizza and soda provided). They also need volunteers to help run the carnival on Saturday, May 21st from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM (running games, painting faces, making cotton candy and popcorn, etc.). And, of course, they will need help cleaning up when it's all over. For more information or to sign up contact Sami Jansen @ firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425.293.1224.
- Miracle League Baseball program needs help! Games are held at Rotary Field in Monroe on Saturdays beginning May 7 and run through June 18. No experience necessary. Sign up for the days that you are available, show up ready to help, and have a great time. Contact Eva Gantala to volunteer or for more information. Call 360.804.2165 or email email@example.com.
- Kid's Night Out - May 14th from 4:00 - 9:00 PM. They are looking for people to run games, help with crafts, serve food, set up and clean up. They also need 2-3 people to help with activities in the pool. Dinner is included.
- Coach Rookie Sports - Saturday morning T-Ball. One hour a week for six weeks.
- TaeKwonDo - Classes are Monday and Wednesday from 5:30 - 7:00 PM. They need someone to help instructors keep order - no TaeKwonDo experience needed! They do ask for a one month commitment minimum.
Providence Hospice & Home Care is looking for volunteers to help at the 17th Annual Cruzin' to Colby Car Show. The show is being hosted by the Seattle Rod-Tiques in downtown Everett on May 29th & 30th. They are looking for 34 volunteers on Sunday and 44 on Monday and there are several time slots available. Please contact Tondi Rainey for more information or to sign up: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425.261.4653.
Here's a great new way to learn about community service opportunities. Volunteers can now "Get Connected" with United Way of Snohomish County. The company launched a new web page that will streamline how volunteers find local nonprofits that need your help. Find the site @ http://getconnected.uwsc.org and get plugged in to help out.
Do you love to volunteer your time to help others? Are you always looking for new ways to do more? Fill out an application to be a student leader with the Volunteers of America Western Washington's Youth Action Team. Below is the application for the upcoming school year 2016-2017: Youth Action Team Application. Don't miss out on this great volunteer and leadership opportunity.
Relay for Life Lake Stevens needs volunteers to help set up and tear down for their event. This year the relay will be held on June 4th & 5th at the Lake Stevens High School Stadium. To sign up or for more information contact Ilene Levering at 206.660.4409. You can also visit their website at http://www.relayforlife.org/lakestevenswa
Special Friends Day Camp at Warm Beach is looking for volunteers to be a "Buddy" for a special needs camper at one of their week long summer camps this year. There are 6 different sessions running from June through August. You will get 2 days of training at the beginning of the week and volunteers are welcome to camp overnight. For more information go to warm beach special friends day camps or contact Nikki Rossiter at 360.312.4984 or email at email@example.com.
Ebenezer Lutheran Church in Lake Stevens needs helpers for their monthly Pancake Breakfast. Always the third Saturday of the month beginning at 7:30 a.m. and ending at 11 a.m. at Ebenezer Church. Contact Mike Shephard at 425.334.7517 or 425.231.9435.
Remember - the following organizations listed below need help ALL YEAR! Give them a call and see how you can volunteer throughout this school year.
Lake Stevens Family Center always needs helpers, contact Charlen Fysh at 425.397.7433
- YMCA in Marysville, contact Amanda Knight at 360.651.1616
- Boys & Girls Club of Lake Stevens
- Lil Hungry Hearts, helping to feed hungry students in Lake Stevens, contact Anita Caffee at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Earn a varsity letter in community service through Youth United. Must qualify and fill out application available on their website, http:// www.uwsc.org/varsityletter.php. There are deadlines to be eligible so make sure to check it out.
- Food Banks: Lake Stevens (Jim Foster 425.422.6962); Snohomish (email@example.com); Marysville (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sherwood Learning Center of Lake Stevens: Contact Lane 425.334.4071