Community Service Opportunities 2015 - 2016
There are several volunteer opportunities with Fibershed of the Greater Northwest.
Glenwood Elementary is having a fun run and they need some volunteers. It is being held on Saturday, June 4th from 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM. Contact Robin Giuliacci at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to sign up.
- June 1st & 2nd they will be sorting raw fibers at Longenecker's Ranch in Lake Stevens - contact Marlene@fibersoftheworld.com
- June 10th they are having a Fiber Fashion Show in Bothell from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM - contact Karmel@fibersoftheworld.com
- July 23th they are having a Farm to Table Dinner and Fiber Fashion Show in Clearview from 12:00 PM to 9:00 PM - contact Melanie@fibersoftheworld.com
- September 24th they are having a Farm to Table Dinner and Fiber Fashion Show in Lake Stevens (they will need help Thursday, Friday and Saturday) - contact Marlene@fibersoftheworld.com
Relay for Life Lake Stevens needs volunteers to help set up and tear down for their event. This year the relay will be held on June 4th & 5th at the Lake Stevens High School Stadium. To sign up or for more information contact Ilene Levering at 206.660.4409. You can also visit their website at http://www.relayforlife.org/lakestevenswa
The ARC of Snohomish County is hosting a free Special Connections Carnival at Mt. Pilchuck Elementary on June 10th, from 6:00 -8:00 PM. They are looking for volunteers for set-up, clean-up and everything in between. For additional questions or to sign up please contact Megan Mittelstaedt at 425-258-2459 x108 or Megan@arcsno.org. If you are seriously interested you must fill out the volunteer paperwork (see Mrs. Reid in room 107 to pick up a packet).
The Snohomish Farmers Market is looking for volunteers to work on Thursday evenings May through September from 3:00 PM - 7:00 PM ( www.snohomishfarmersmarket.com ). There are several different jobs available from set-up/tear-down to customer service. Contact Sarah Dylan Jensen at 425.280.4150 or email@example.com.
Here is a great new way to learn about community service opportunities. Volunteers can now "Get Connected" with United Way of Snohomish County. The company launched a new web page that will streamline how volunteers find local nonprofits that need your help. Find the site @ http://getconnected.uwsc.org and get plugged in to help out.
Do you love to volunteer your time to help others? Are you always looking for new ways to do more? Fill out an application to be a student leader with the Volunteers of America Western Washington's Youth Action Team. Below is the application for the upcoming school year 2016-2017: Youth Action Team Application. Don't miss out on this great volunteer and leadership opportunity.
Are you looking for a rewarding way to fulfill your community service hours? Camp Patterson is a summer day camp, offered by Everett Parks and Recreation, for campers of all ages and abilities specifically designed for kids with special needs, ages 5-21. They are looking for volunteers to help this summer and the sign-up deadline is June 8th (all forms can be found on their website. To find out more, click here or contact Monica Cook at 425-923-5269 or email MCook@everettwa.gov.
Special Friends Day Camp at Warm Beach is looking for volunteers to be a "Buddy" for a special needs camper at one of their week long summer camps this year. There are 6 different sessions running from June through August. You will get 2 days of training at the beginning of the week and volunteers are welcome to camp overnight. For more information go to warm beach special friends day camps or contact Nikki Rossiter at 360.312.4984 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ebenezer Lutheran Church in Lake Stevens needs helpers for their monthly Pancake Breakfast. Always the third Saturday of the month beginning at 7:30 a.m. and ending at 11 a.m. at Ebenezer Church. Contact Mike Shephard at 425.334.7517 or 425.231.9435.
Remember - the following organizations listed below need help ALL YEAR! Give them a call and see how you can volunteer throughout this school year.
Lake Stevens Family Center always needs helpers, contact Charlen Fysh at 425.397.7433
- YMCA in Marysville, contact Amanda Knight at 360.651.1616
- Boys & Girls Club of Lake Stevens
- Lil Hungry Hearts, helping to feed hungry students in Lake Stevens, contact Anita Caffee at email@example.com
- Earn a varsity letter in community service through Youth United. Must qualify and fill out application available on their website, http:// www.uwsc.org/varsityletter.php. There are deadlines to be eligible so make sure to check it out.
- Food Banks: Lake Stevens (Jim Foster 425.422.6962); Snohomish (firstname.lastname@example.org); Marysville (email@example.com)
- Sherwood Learning Center of Lake Stevens: Contact Lane 425.334.4071