Community Service Opportunities 2015 - 2016
The Marysville YMCA is looking for volunteers for their upcoming event: February 13th from 1:00 - 4:30 PM for their Valentine's Day Party. Please contact Allison Hoot @ 360.351.1607 or email.
Come volunteer for the Senior Class 2016 Auction & Dinner being held on March 12th. We will need help serving dinner & auction runners, setting up/decorating, and cleaning up at the end of the dinner. Come for a couple of hours or for the entire event. Go to the sign up link at http://www.SignUpGenius.com/go/60B0D44A4A82FA02-lshs or you can email Cathy Lian at firstname.lastname@example.org . Make sure to give her your name, email and/or cell number so you can receive updates & reminders for the event.
The Lake Stevens Rowing Club needs volunteers for it's Spring Regatta on April 9th & 10th. The event goes from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. both days. Volunteers are needed for parking, the launch/recovery docks, help at the finish line and the shoe shuttle. In addition, if any volunteers have their boating certificate card, they can drive a launch boat. Food and drinks will be provided for all workers. Please contact Dan DuByne @ email@example.com for more information.
Mt. Pilchuck PTA is looking for volunteers to help with childcare at their monthly meetings. Sign up @ http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d44a4ae2faafd0-family or call for more information call 253.777.9032.
Glenwood Elementary PTA is looking for students to help watch children of parents attending their meetings each month. They usually have meetings the third Tuesday of each month. Contact Justin Heggem @ 206.713.1983 to sign up.
Ebenezer Lutheran Church in Lake Stevens needs helpers for their monthly Pancake Breakfast. Always the third Saturday of the month beginning at 7:30 a.m. and ending at 11 a.m. at Ebenezer Church. Contact Mike Shephard at 425.334.7517 or 425.231.9435.
Remember - the following organizations listed below need help ALL YEAR! Give them a call and see how you can volunteer throughout this school year.
Lake Stevens Family Center always needs helpers, contact Charlen Fysh at 425.397.7433
- YMCA in Marysville, contact Amanda Knight at 360.651.1616
- Boys & Girls Club of Lake Stevens
- Lil Hungry Hearts, helping to feed hungry students in Lake Stevens, contact Anita Caffee at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Earn a varsity letter in community service through Youth United. Must qualify and fill out application available on their website, http:// www.uwsc.org/varsityletter.php. There are deadlines to be eligible so make sure to check it out.
- Food Banks: Lake Stevens (Jim Foster 425.422.6962); Snohomish (email@example.com); Marysville (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sherwood Learning Center of Lake Stevens: Contact Lane 425.334.4071