Welcome to the Teaching & Learning Department
The Teaching and Learning (T&L) Department is committed to developing the best instructional programs possible for each and every child in the Lake Stevens School District. We are composed of four departments: Secondary Teaching and Learning, Elementary Teaching and Learning, Special Services, and Assessment and Student Learning. T&L provides support and direction related to curriculum, instruction, assessments, special programs and services, and learning for both students and staff.
Our work is guided by the Lake Stevens School District’s Foundation for Excellence, particularly the goal area of Excellence in Teaching and Learning, and the T&L department’s Three Guiding Initiatives. Our Three Guiding Initiatives answer the following questions:
- What does excellent instruction look like?
- What do we want students to know and be able to do?
- And, How do we know our students are learning?
Lake Stevens has adopted the Charlotte Danielson Framework for Teaching to define excellent instruction. The Common Core State Standards as well as Washington State Learning Standards and Next Generation Science Standards answer the question of what our students should know and be able to do upon graduation from high school. Finally, we will know our students are learning and growing by our ongoing and embedded use of data and assessments. As a district we have embraced an inquiry cycle approach to problem solving as defined by the Data Wise process.
Believing that instruction is the most important factor in student learning, we strive to create professional learning experiences for our teachers and administrators that are embedded in their work, ongoing, and collaborative that will facilitate their growth and development as professionals. Improved instruction will lead to improved student learning.
Please contact us with any questions, concerns, comments or feedback.Gina Anderson
Chief Academic Officer
(425) 335-1500 | Email GinaDr. John Balmer
Assistant Superintendent of Human Resource Services
(425) 335-1500 | Email JohnSteve Burleigh
Executive Director of Elementary Teaching & Learning
(425) 335-1500 | Email SteveMike Snow
Executive Director of Secondary Teaching & Learning
(425) 335-1500 | Email Mike SnowMike Weatherbie
Executive Director of Educational Technology & State Assessment
(425) 335-1500 | Email Mike WeatherbieSarah Danielson
Executive Director of Student Interventions
(425) 335-1500 | Email SarahDr. Monica Meadows
Director of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
(425) 335-1500 | Email MonicaBeth Sherwood
(425) 335-1626 | Email BethChari Taber
(425) 335-1682 | Email ChariChristie Jones
(425) 335-1614 | Email Christie
Special ServicesDr. Miriam Tencate
Exec. Director of Special Services
(425) 335-1500 ext. 1504 | Email MiriamDebbie Eichner-Hatch
(425) 335-1500 ext. 1660 | Email DebbieKeri Joseph
Director of Special Services
(425) 335-1500 ext. 1567 | Email KeriDeb Marceau
Special Services Office Professional
(425) 335-1500 ext. 1577
Fax: (425) 335-1549 | Email Deb