Snow Routes & Road Closures
In the event that snow or other conditions force changes in school schedules or bus routes, announcements will be made on all major TV and radio stations and Lake Stevens School District’s Facebook and Twitter accounts by 6 a.m. Simultaneously, information will be posted here on the district website, via text, email and the district mobile app. We do not use our automated phone calling system for school delays and closures.
We also suggest that you have a battery operated radio available in the event that you are without power. Please do not call schools or the Transportation Department about closure information.
Snow Route Schedules
Our list of snow route schedules has its own page.
You can subscribe to receive notifications from FlashAlert via email and/or text message. If no information is posted, schools/buses are operating on normal schedules.Possible Schedule Changes
Listed below are some of the possible changes from the regular schedule.
- Schools closed
- Limited transportation: Schools open, buses run on a limited transportation schedule (see below)
- No out of district transportation
- Schools open two hours late
When school start times are delayed, the following will occur:
- No out of district transportation
- No morning Sno-Isle Skills Center/Workforce transportation
- Alternating ELC Preschool schedule
- First three late starts—no AM ELC Preschool (PM ELC Preschool attends)
- All other late starts—AM/PM ELC Preschool programs will be announced on FlashAlert
- FlashAlert will state which program will attend in the afternoon time slot
When schools are closed due to bad weather conditions, all before and after school activities are cancelled.
Each winter, after periods of freezing, Snohomish County often restricts bus travel on county roads. If restrictions are implemented, there will be no transportation provided by school buses. Normally, the school district will know approximately 24 hours in advance of when road closures will occur. Radio stations will be notified accordingly.
Light snowfall and/or ice may close the following roads to school bus travel:
Family Emergency Plan
- 30th (Cascade Place)
- Rhodora Heights
- Alpine Mesa
- Inglewood Forest
- Oak Hill
- Cavelero Ridge
- Cedar Road
- Kensington Estates
- Newberg Road
- Lake View Dr
- 10th Street SE (off 204th)
- Mission Ridge/Vineyards
- Double Hills-60th Street NE
- 52nd Street NE
- 36th & 38th SE (off 103rd )
- Brighton Park Msvl
- Walker Hill
- 87th NE (dead end)
- 79th Ave NE
- 55th PL
- 60th Street NE
- Pellerin Road
- 54th Place, west of 99th
- NE 9th Place SE (off Davies Road)
- Georgetown Estates
- 60th Street NE (dead end)
- Chapel Hill/Meridian
- 109th Avenue SE (off Bunk Foss Road)
Each family should have a plan in place covering what will happen should children arrive home early due to an emergency situation.
- What is the best route home if your children cannot be delivered to their normal bus stop?
- Where could they go if they need help?
- Who would care for your children until you arrive home?
- Is there someone your children could call in case of an emergency?
- In the event of an emergency where children needed to be taken home early, parents would be notified with an automated phone call and announcements on the district website and social media.
- Please make sure your emergency contact numbers are up-to-date at your child's school.
There may be no door-to-door bus service when there’s snow or ice, depending on your location. Please review our snow routes and bring children to the main roads if your area is not serviced.
Special education buses may not have curb to curb service on snowy and/or icy days. The majority of pick ups and drop offs will be on main roads, again, depending on your area. Please refer to the limited areas above. If you do not see your street listed and your child is on a Special Education bus, please call the Transportation Department.
Afternoon delivery points will be the same as morning pick up points. If your student rides a different bus in the afternoon, please check drop off locations.
Delana Reeves, Supervisor