Technology Help Desk Protocol
- The Lake Stevens Technology Help Desk office will be staffed between the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. A voice mail message may be left at any hour.
- The Help Desk staff will attempt to troubleshoot technology problems with the user (for existing hardware and software) over the phone. If it can’t be resolved, the Help Desk will issue a work ticket. The work ticket will be placed in the queue in the order it was received. Student calls will not be accepted.
- If your call goes to the voice mail system, or you are sending requests via email, please leave ALL of the following information:
- Your Full Name
- Your District Email Address
- Location: Building and Room Number
- The LSSD Asset Tag number of the computer (NOT the monitor). Example image of an asset tag:
- A brief description of the problem you are having, and the best time to contact you
- In an emergency situation, please ask your principal to contact the receptionist at the ESC to notify the Help Desk immediately. The HelpDesk will then contact the Director of Technology and/or the Network Administrator to assess the situation and they will re-direct support to that site if needed.
Technicians have been directed to work only on those requests that have been issued a work ticket from the Help Desk. Please show courtesy to our technicians while they are working by not disturbing them with issues that should be reported to the Help Desk.