Get Help Now
Local Care Crisis Line: 425.258.HELP (4357)
WA Recovery Support Line: 866.789.1511
National Suicide Hotlin: 1.800.273.TALK (8255)
National Helpline: 1.800.662.HELP (4357)
(All needs & locating help)
Substance Abuse Education Information & Resources
The following links will connect you with finding treatment resources, as well as accessing websites and pages helpful in getting educated about this complex topic.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA): Look for the Behavioral Health Treatment Locater box on the right, to search for treatment facilities, with custom criteria like age, method of payment, level of care, etc.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse: Our national research source through National Institutes of Health. Search for prevalence, pharmacologic, neuroscience, national data, and other publications. Plus publications for parents, teens, younger children, teachers, etc.
- State of WA Liquor Control Board: Oversees the implementation of I-502, legalizing marijuana sales for adult use. They have provided some other information at their site.
- Family Checkup (PDF) is a helpful document for family members, especially parents, to use in the prevention of substance abuse as a family.
- Intervention Guide for Parents (PDF) is a very helpful guide for parents who need to work through an intervention of a substance abuse problem. While this guide is very helpful, feel free to call and get support from my office, and other resources.