Substance Abuse Education & InformationWA Recovery Support Line: 866-789-1511Local Care Crisis Line: 425.258.HELP (4357)
National Suicide Hotline: 1.800.273.TALK (8255)National Helpline: 1.800.662.HELP (4357)
(All needs & locating help)
Substance Abuse Education Information & Resources
The following links will connect you with finding treatment resources, as well as accessing websites and pages helpful in getting educated about this complex topic.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration www.samhsa.gov (Look for the Behavioral Health Treatment Locater box on the right, to search for treatment facilities, with custom criteria like age, method of payment, level of care, etc.)
- National Institute on Drug Abuse www.drugabuse.gov (our national research source through National Institutes of Health. Search for prevalence, pharmacologic, neuroscience, national data, and other publications. Plus publications for parents, teens, younger children, teachers, etc.)
- State of WA Liquor Control Board oversees the implementation of I-502, legalizing marijuana sales for adult use. They have provided some other information at their site.
- Family Checkup is a helpful document for family members, especially parents, to use in the prevention of substance abuse as a family. The suggestions are helpful in many areas. (Familycheckupall.pdf)
- Intervention Guide for Parents is a very helpful guide for parents who need to work through an intervention of a substance abuse problem. While this guide is very helpful, feel free to call and get support from my office, and other resources. (Intervention Guide for Parents.pdf)