Lake Stevens School District uses Blackboard, a mass notification system, to communicate with families and district employees. Blackboard allows district and school employees to send information through automated phone calls, emails, text messages and mobile app notifications about school and district events, activities and emergencies.
Blackboard uses parent/guardian and employee information from Skyward, the district’s student information system. Please be sure that your contact information is current. If changes are needed, parents/guardians should contact their child’s school, or update the information in Family Access. Employees should contact the Human Resources Department.
Automated attendance calls
Automated attendance calls are sent to inform families of unexcused student absences. Families should contact their child’s school to excuse the absence, or for more information.
Calls are made Monday through Friday at the following times:
Elementary school calls: 11:30 a.m.
Middle, mid high and high school calls: 7 p.m.
Unpaid lunch balances
If a student has an unpaid meal balance, families will receive an automated phone call on Sunday and Wednesday evenings at 6 p.m. More information about meal charging and paying for school meals. Families may contact the Food & Nutrition Services Department for more information at 425-335-1561.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why am I receiving calls, emails and/or text messages?
You are specified as having a parent/guardian or employee relationship with Lake Stevens School District or one of its schools.
I’m not receiving communication. Why?
Please verify that your contact information is accurate by contacting your child’s school. Employees should contact the Human Resources Department. You may have accidentally opted out of messaging. If you believe you opted out in error, please follow the instructions below, or contact the Communications Department at 425-335-1500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To opt back into:
- Phone calls: Call the Blackboard Phone Hotline at "855-502-STOP (855-502-7867)" from the phone line that has been opted out.
- Text (SMS) messages: Reply START to "60680" from the phone line that has been opted out for non-emergency messages. Reply START to "54968" for emergency messages.
How do I stop receiving messages?
- Phone calls: Call the Blackboard Phone Hotline at "855-502-STOP (855-502-7867)".
- Text (SMS) messages: Reply STOP to any Blackboard system text or to "60680" for non-emergency messages. Reply STOP to "54968" to opt out of emergency messages.
- Emails: Click the unsubscribe link from any email they receive.
Please note that you will still receive emergency messages even after opting out.
I missed an automated phone call from my child’s school. How do I hear it?
From the phone that is registered in your child’s Skyward profile, call 855-411-0401 to listen to messages that have been received within the past month.