Instructional Program, Online
The Online Workgroup is charged with making recommendations regarding online instruction that support all modes of education, from fully digital to blended to in-person.
Guiding Statement: "We want to gather enough information about online instructional needs to make recommendations to the decision-making group that are flexible and can be adjusted if the environment changes."
- What does our survey data tell us about considerations for digital “Core 4” tools?
- What principles of online instruction (synchronous and asynchronous) would effectively support high levels of student engagement, rigorous and differentiated learning and tiered support to drive our professional learning?
- If offering the choice of a fully online option for students in LSSD, what are considerations that need to be kept in mind?
- If we have a blended learning model at any level, what are considerations that need to be kept in mind?
- Once we have a framework for online instruction, what considerations for family, educator and student training need to be considered?
- What are the considerations for a “Pivot Plan” if we need to move to an online-only environment for a school or the whole district due to a mandated closure?
- What are the considerations for equitable access for staff and students?
- Mike Weatherbie - Director of Educational Technology and Assessment
- Mike Snow - Executive Director of Curriculum and Instruction
- Miriam Tencate - Executive Director of Special Services
- Sarah Danielson - Director of Student Intervention
Parents, teachers, district and building administrators, department leaders, learning specialists, paraeducators, and special education teachers
- Set our group’s purpose and outline our guiding questions
- Ensure common vocabulary around online instruction
- Surface this group’s wonderings within the online instruction realm
- Set future meeting dates and times
July 27 Meeting SynopsisPosted by Lake Stevens School District on 7/29/2020 9:45:00 AM
July 23 Meeting SynopsisPosted by Lake Stevens School District on 7/27/2020 11:00:00 AM
July 21 Meeting SynopsisPosted by Lake Stevens School District on 7/22/2020 10:50:00 AM
July 1 Meeting SynopsisPosted by Lake Stevens School District on 7/8/2020 12:00:00 PM