Secondary Attestation Process
Fillable daily screening form for students
Online Health Attestation & Wellness Screening in Skyward
The following directions are also available in PDF format.
- Online Health Attestation & Wellness Screening in Skyward - English (PDF)
- Online Health Attestation & Wellness Screening in Skyward - Spanish (PDF)
- Online Health Attestation & Wellness Screening in Skyward - Russian (PDF)
Download App: For ease of use, there is the Skyward App on the Apple Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android). Once you have downloaded the app, find our school district via the postal zip code 98258.
- Select the appropriate system. You can add additional accounts, but you have to set them up one at a time. Choose Student Management for Family Access.
- Select User Name and enter your district login name.
- Select Password and enter your district password. This needs to be updated every time you change your district password on your computer.
- Select Description and enter a name for this account (i.e. Family Access). This is optional but helpful if you plan to set up additional accounts. Select the save icon in the upper right corner.
- You will be prompted to set a 4-digit passcode for your Skyward Mobile account. You will use this, instead of your login id and password, each time you connect to the mobile app. This passcode is only good for the mobile app. Please note: When Skyward requires you to update your Skyward Password, you will need to do this on a browser and sign into Skyward.
- In Application Settings you can change your passcode or adjust the timeout. Additional set up assistance can be found at this video.
Daily, login to Family Access using your mobile device at least 30 minutes prior to your student arriving on campus or getting on the bus.
The Wellness Screening is visible as soon as you log into Skyward Mobile Family Access.* Click Today’s Screening under Wellness Screenings for your student.
*If you have students in grades 6-12, you may need to scroll down slightly to see the Wellness Screening area.
Answer both questions for your student. Answers will default to NO - change answers to YES if needed.
Note: Questions may differ on app compared to the training material.
Based on your answers to the screening questions, you will receive a response that your student is well enough for school or they should stay home for the day.
Note: Take screenshots of green check mark or keep app open to show at time of entry.
If you have more than one student, click the magnifying glass next to your student’s name and select another student to complete their Wellness Screening. (Repeat steps 3 - 5 above for each student).
Note: If you need to change your answers to the Wellness Screening questions after submitting, please contact your student’s school main office.
Daily, sign into Skyward via Family Access or Student Access at least 30 minutes before your student will arrive at school.
As soon as you open Family Access, you should see Wellness Screening questions to answer. Check Yes/No for both questions and click SAVE. Both answers automatically default to No – change answers to Yes, if applicable.
- To access all of your children, make sure the pull down says, All Students
- If you have multiple students, you can answer for each of them on this screen
Once you have completed and saved it, you will receive a confirmation screen. You do not need to do anything further with this information. The school secretaries and teachers for their class can confirm completion. Only school nurses will see the results.
Here is an example of a No response to both questions.
Here is an example of a Yes response to one or both questions. If you answer Yes to either question, your student should stay home. Please call the school attendance office or nurse.
The desktop directions are also available to watch on YouTube.