2021-22 Free and Reduced Price Meals ProgramLake Stevens School District participates in the National School Lunch and Breakfast Program sponsored by the USDA. All families who meet federal income eligibility guidelines may apply for meals at a reduced rate or at no cost.
Applications available at each school all year long and may be completed and returned to the school or delivered to the district office. All information provided is kept confidential. Information on this program is available in the school office or you can call the Nutrition Office at 425-335-1561 for more information. Households will be notified by the Food & Nutrition Office of your approval status with a printed letter mailed home when the application has been processed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
You can request a 2021-22 Free and Reduced Application to be mailed directly to your home. Electronic (fillable or pdf) version to download and print is available below on this webpage.
2021-22 Free & Reduced Meal Application Materials
Program Information Letter:
Fillable applications for your convenience
Email your completed application to email@example.com
- Fillable Application 2021-22 (English PDF) fill out, save and send back to us through email!
Print the application and complete the form. You may turn it in to any school or the district office.
- Application 2021-22 (English)
- Application 2021-22 (Spanish)
- Request for F/R Application to be mailed directly to your home!
- Parent or Guardian Approval to release student(s) Free and Reduced Eligibility status to school officials to receive reduced program fees
- When the Nutrition Office processes this form, it will sync any new entries to the InTouch online payment center at 3:00 pm each day and upload to the student profile later that evening.
- 24 Non-English translations are available on the USDA Website.
Mail or drop-off to your school or the district office:
Lake Stevens School District Nutrition Office
12309 22nd St. NE, Lake Stevens, WA 98258
Questions - Call the Nutrition Office: 425-335-1561
Additional resources for Kids: Learn about programs in our community that can assist your family.
Pandemic EBT Resources available
Click here to learn more!
Did you know?
- Did you know FREE breakfast is available for students who qualify for Reduced Priced Meals.
- Did you know FREE lunch is available for K-3 students who qualify for Reduced Priced Meals.
Is your family eligible for free or reduced price meals? Children need healthy meals to learn. Lake Stevens Schools offers healthy meals every school day. Your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced price meals. If you would like to download an application to apply for free or reduced price meals click on the link above or contact your child’s school.
1. Do I need to fill out an application for each child?
No. Complete the application to apply for free or reduced price meals. Use one Free and Reduced Price School Meals Application for all students in your household. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information. Return the completed application to your child’s school or to Lake Stevens School District, Food Service Program, 12309 22nd St. NE, Lake Stevens, WA 98258. Questions – 425.335.1561.
2. Who can get free meals?
Children in households getting Basic Food or TANF and most foster children can get free meals regardless of your income. Also, your children can get free price meals if your household income is within the free limits on the Federal Income Guidelines (see above).
3. Can homeless, runaway and migrant children get free meals?
Please call the Nutrition Office @ 425-335-1561 o see if your child(ren) qualify, if you have not been informed that they will get free meals.
4. Who can get reduced price meals?
Your children can get low cost meals if your household income is within the reduced price limits on the Federal Income Chart, shown above.
5. I get WIC. Can my child(ren) get free meals?
Children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free or reduced price meals. Please fill out an application.
6. Will the information I give be checked?
Yes, we may ask you to send written proof.
7. If I don’t qualify now, may I apply later?
Yes. You may apply at any time during the school year if your household size goes up, income goes down, or if you start getting Basic Food, TANF or other benefits. If you lose your job, your children may be able to get free or reduced price meals.
8. What if I disagree with the school’s decision about my application?
You should talk to school officials. You also may ask for a hearing by calling or writing to: Assistant Superintendent John Balmer 12309 22nd St. NE Lake Stevens, WA. 425-335-1500.
9. May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen?
Yes. You or your child(ren) do not have to be a U.S. citizen to qualify for free or reduced price meals.
10. Who should I include as members of my household?
You must include all people living in your household, related or not (such as grandparents, other relatives, or friends). You must include yourself and all children who live with you.
11. What if my income is not always the same?
List the amount that you normally get. For example, if you normally get $1000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only got $900, put down that you get $1000 per month. If you normally get overtime, include it, but not if you get it only sometimes.
12. We are in the military, do we include our housing allowance as income?
If your Housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative; do not include your housing allowance as income. All other allowances must be included in your gross income.
If you have other questions or need help, call 425-335-1561.
Si necesita ayuda, por favor llame al teléfono: 425-335-1561.
Si vous voudriez d’aide, contactez nous au numero: 425-335-1561.