Community Resources during COVID-19
A more comprehensive COVID-19 resources list is available as a Google Sheet document and will be receiving periodic updates.
Food, Child Care, Internet & Utilities
These resources are intended to help with needs for food, child care, internet and utilities. Please report broken links or errors to the webmaster.
All food banks in the Snohomish County Coalition are welcoming families in need affected by the government shutdown no matter their address of residence.
- Thursdays 1:30-6:00 pm at 2111 117th Ave NE/North end distribution center
- Tuesdays 5:30-6:30 pm at 9805 31st Pl NE/South end distribution center
- 2nd Sunday of Each Month 12-1:30 pm at 8220 24th St SE
- Contact Information: 425-334-3430
Child Care Aware
Child Care Aware of Washington seeks to help every child receive high-quality child care.
YMCA Emergency Camp & Child Care (PDF)
The YMCA of Snohomish County is offering child care for first responders, health care workers and other critical service providers.
Child Care and Day Camp for Lake Stevens Students (PDF)
This list is meant to serve as a resource to help parents and guardians arrange childcare and outdoor educational opportunities for students during this emergency closure. Lake Stevens School District is not endorsing or promoting any of these facilities or programs. Please contact each facility directly with any questions.
- Country Dawn
10315 20th Street SE
- Lake Stevens Christian Daycare & Preschool
9805 31st Pl NE
- Lake Stevens Boys & Girls Club
1609 E Lakeshore Dr
Outdoor Educational Opportunities
- Cedar Springs
- YMCA - Program at Allen Creek Elementary
6505 60th Dr NE, Marysville WA 98270
AT&T is allowing customers unlimited data and $10 month internet for low-income households plus some other pledges accessible at the link.
The PUD wants to help each customer with his/her individual needs. Any customer in need can call PUD Customer Service at 425-783-1000 and representatives can help make payment arrangements. The PUD will not disconnect customers for late payment at this time but advises customers to continue regular payments to avoid falling behind. The PUD offers discount programs for income-qualified customers. These programs include provisions to help in situations of sudden job loss.
- PSE will not be disconnecting customers during this time.
- PSE received approval from the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission for a waiver that allows PSE to waive late fees.
- PSE will work with our customers on options such as payment plans and choosing a new bill due date.
- PSE launched a new energy assistance portal to improve access to funds available to low income customers.
- Clothes for Kids: Clothes for Kids office phone: (425) 741-6500
- Operation School Bell - Assistance League of Everett
- Crisis resources (PDF)
- Local mental health providers (PDF)
- Student mental health resources
- What to ask a potential counselor (PDF)
- Basic Food Program - DSHS
- Hungry Hearts Foundation
- Lake Stevens Community Food Bank
- Lake Stevens Community Supper Program
- Emergency and Low Income Housing - Catholic Community Services
- Everett Housing Authority
- Get Help: Shelter - Everett Gospel Mission
- Homelessness Prevention and Homeless People - Volunteers of America
- Housing Authority of Snohomish County (HASCO)
- Housing Hope
- Low Income Housing List for Lake Stevens Residents
- Pathways for Women - YWCA
- Provide Shelter - Salvation Army
- Hand in Hand Kids (Safe Place and Selah Homes)
- Washington 2-1-1: Washington 211 is a community info line for various services. Call 2-1-1 and get connected to a specialist in your area.
- College Guide for Current and Prospective LGBT Students
- Globe Youth
- Support groups for Christian parents of LGBTQ children
- Support for you and your family
- Tolerance in Snohomish County
- Apple Health for Kids
- Community Health Center of Snohomish Co.
- The Everett Clinic at Lake Stevens
- Washington Prescription Drug Program
Military Family Support
- Military OneSource - U.S. Department of Defense
- Network of Care - Snohomish County
- Navy Life PNW - U.S. Navy
Social & Health Services
Hello wonderful LSSD families,
We are honored to be the school district's Family Engagement & Student Success Specialists. We look forward to helping provide resources and support services to our students and their families. We do this by connecting and building positive relationships to gain a better understanding of the needs of our students and families. Building relationships helps us form strong future connections between our students, families, staff members, district and the community. We also want to support students in gaining confidence and identify tools to continue on a positive path for their current and future educational careers.
Your LSSD Family Engagement Student Success Specialists
Karen Tadio: 425-512-6212 | Email Karen
Supporting all students (P-12) living in the NLMS boundary sections of the LSSD. (ELC, HLD, MTP, STC, SUN and 8th-12th Graders).
Sydney Banister: 425-231-9058 | Email Sydney
Supporting all students (P-12) living in the LSMS boundary sections of the LSSD. (ELC, GLW, HLC, SKY and 8th-12th Graders).