Hello wonderful LSSD families,
I am honored to be the school district’s Family Engagement & Student Success Specialist. I look forward to helping provide resources and support services to our students and their families. I will do this by connecting and building positive relationships to gain a better understanding of the needs of our students and families. Building relationships helps us form strong future connections between our students, families, staff members and the community. We also want to help students gain confidence and identify tools to continue on a positive path for their current and future educational careers.
I am a long-time employee of the district and am an active member of our community. In addition to my work with the school district, I am the Assistant Director of the Hungry Hearts Foundation and volunteer my time to make sure none of our students go hungry.
My training includes certification in Strengthening Families Facilitator; Right Response and Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports.
Please feel free to contact me in whatever way you prefer. If you decide to text, please identify yourself. I am also available to meet with families at their school, in my office or at your home.*
Cell: 425-512-6212 (can receive texts)
Lake Stevens School District Family Engagement & Student Success SpecialistKaren is here to support families in the following areas:Family home visits
- Building positive team relationships and connections
- Gain an understanding of why students are not attending school. Build/create plans to help encourage attendance.
- Build/create plans to help encourage student engagement and participation
- Hungry Hearts Foundation
- Operation School Bell
- Clothes For Kids
- Medical, dental and vision options
- Assistance in positively communicating with teachers and administrators for all involved to be heard and respectfully understood
May we have compassion first, kindness always and judgment never.
This page is also available as a PDF document.