All District, Alternative Learning, and State forms due 1 WEEK BEFORE a student can attend class:
- all registration paperwork: birth certificate, proof of residence, SafeVisitor background check, etc.
- Immunization records WA State Dept of Health
- approved Choice Transfer Request , see below
- declaration of intent to homeschool - if part-time status
- a signed parent signature page
- a signed statement of understanding
- a written and signed written student learning plan (wslp) to be completed and signed with students advisor at mandatory registration meeting prior to LSSD Calendar First day of school.
ENROLLING A KINDERGARTEN STUDENT
A kindergarten enrollee must meet the criteria for entering public school. There are specific age requirements mandated by State and District policy for entry into school. Students under the age of 5 prior to September 1st cannot enroll in classes. Board Policy 5035 Kindergarten students are not subject to the 90-day previous homeschooling policy.
90 DAY MENTOR PROGRAM
OUT OF DISTRICT VARIANCE - CHOICE TRANSFER
Students who live outside of the LSSD boundary may enroll unless variances to HomeLink are suspended by the School District.
- contact the HomeLink registrar to discuss most current enrollment information.
- contact your resident School District office or OSPI Choice Transfer Portal to request a Choice transfer
- provide all required enrollment documentation to the HomeLink registrar.
ADMISSION OF NONRESIDENT STUDENTS - School Board Policy 5020