Your son or daughter can get FOUR YEARS of college paid for! The State of Washington has set up the College Bound program to encourage aspirations and achievement in higher education for Washington youth who might otherwise not be able to attend college.
Here’s how it works:
1. Students must sign up when they are in the seventh or eighth grade.
2. Students’ families must be eligible to participate in the program.
You can apply for the College Bound Scholarship if you meet one of the following:
- Are eligible for free and reduced-price lunch
- Your family is receiving TANF benefits
- You are a foster youth
- Your family meets the income standards
3. When you fill out the application, you promise to:
- Do well in middle school and high school, and graduate with a cumulative high school grade point average of
- 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Continue to be a good citizen and not commit a felony
- Apply for financial aid in your senior year of high school by submitting a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
You can apply on-line by clicking here. The application is available in English and in Spanish. You can also apply in person at school. Just contact your school counselor.