Welcome to Lake Stevens Schools! We are excited to welcome you and your child to our school district. We are proud of our students, staff members, schools and district facilities, and want to make this first step in your child's education a great experience.
Ready for Kindergarten!
Your child is invited to Ready for Kindergarten!
This four-day opportunity offers a safe and welcoming introduction to elementary school for families and students, relieving many first-day anxieties (for students and their parents!). Students will become familiar with the school campus, the school staff, and their kindergarten peers before the start of school. Principals will also provide families an opportunity to meet staff, discuss kindergarten readiness and receive educational support around helping their students transition to kindergarten.
- Who: All incoming registered kindergarten students
- When: Monday Aug. 16 through Thursday, Aug. 19 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Where: At each Lake Stevens Elementary School
All registered Ready for Kindergarten! students must fulfill the enrollment requirements of Kindergarten enrollment, including immunizations, before attending. Required immunizations are listed on page 13 of the enrollment packet.
Transportation will be provided as needed for families or for those who want their child to practice riding the bus before the first day of school.
Please RSVP here to help with our planning and to make sure transportation is set up for your child if needed.
- Ready for Kindergarten! - 8.5" x 11" PDF
Kindergarten enrollment for the 2021-22 school year
Lake Stevens School District welcomes the Class of 2034! Please complete the enrollment packet (link below) in its entirety. The checklist on the first page is a helpful resource to walk you through the process. We need all of the listed information before we can enroll your child.
If you have questions, or need assistance, please email Kristi Morrow or call 425-335-1669.
- Links to connect to each school's Kindergarten Parent Information Night videos/slides are posted to individual school websites. These are not live meetings.
- The age requirement for the 2021-22 school year is five-years-old by Aug. 31, 2021. For early entrance questions, please email Chari Taber.
Completed Packets & Boundary Maps
Drop off your completed packets at your local elementary school. If you are unsure which neighborhood school your student should attend, please reference the Boundary Maps.
Kindergarten Enrollment Packets
Enrollment packets are available as fillable PDFs in English, Spanish, Russian and Ukrainian.
You will need the following items to enroll your child:
- Completed Enrollment Packet
- Birth Certificate (official copy, not the keepsake provided by the hospital)
- Proof of Immunization
- Proof of Residence (includes lease agreement, rental agreement or PUD bill)
Due to overcrowding in Lake Stevens School District's schools, new enrollment for the 2021-22 school year is limited to those students who live within the school district boundaries. This means that new non-resident variances for students—including kindergarten—will not be approved.
For additional information about registration, contact your neighborhood school:
- Glenwood Elementary: (425) 335-1510
- Highland Elementary: (425) 335-1585
- Hillcrest Elementary: (425) 335-1545
- HomeLink: (425) 335-1594
- Mt. Pilchuck Elementary: (425) 335-1525
- Skyline Elementary: (425) 335-1520
- Sunnycrest Elementary: (425) 335-1535
- Stevens Creek Elementary: (425) 335-1690
Welcome to Kindergarten:
This information is designed to help families make the transition into kindergarten. Please contact your neighborhood school to register, or for any additional information.
Presentation Links (Google Slides)
Welcome to Kindergarten Brochure
In Lake Stevens School District we believe kindergarten is a year full of new experiences across the domains (cognitive, language, social emotional, literacy, math and physical) and every effort is made to support all students.
Ready, Set, Kindergarten Booklet
This booklet contains fun, simple and quick activities to do with your child throughout the months of June, July and August. Just five to 10 minutes each day of purposeful play will increase your child's readiness for success in kindergarten this fall.
11" x 8.5" PDF