Fall 2022 Community Education classes are available! See class descriptions below.
Register for Current Classes
- Visit our Online Payments portal.
- Sign in with your username and password. If you don't have a Skyward Family Access login or student ID, you can create a guest account.
- After signing in, click on "Items At All Schools” located beneath the Shop header.
- Under School Type, click "District Office" followed by "Educational Services Center" and finally "Community Ed Classes."
- A list of available classes will appear. Click "Buy" to add a class to your cart.
- After adding your desired classes, click "Checkout" to begin the checkout process.
You may also print the Community Education Registration Form (PDF) and return it by mail or in-person.
Communications Office Professional
(425) 335-1500 ext. 1668
Fall 2022 Class Descriptions
Jr. Vikings Football Cheer Clinic
Jr. Vikings Football Cheer Clinic for Grades K-5
Grades K-5 are invited to have fun learning to cheer and dance at a two-day clinic put on by the LSHS cheerleaders and staff. The clinic will conclude with a halftime performance during a LSHS football game on Oct. 7. Jr. Viking cheerleaders will receive a sweatshirt and pom-poms. Be sure to wear your Jr. Viking Cheer Clinic sweatshirt to the Oct. 7 LSHS football game, and admission is free. All others attending the game will have to pay admission to attend.
Dates & Times: Tuesday, Oct. 4 & Thursday, Oct. 6, 6 to 7:30 p.m., half-time performance on Oct. 7 at 7 p.m.
Location: LSHS cafeteria and half-time performance at the LSHS stadium
Included: Sweatshirt and pom-poms
Equipment or requirements: Please bring a water bottle each day, and wear black leggings with sweatshirt on Oct. 7.
Class maximum: 80
Registration closes: Sept. 26
Over 40 Basketball with Alan Schultz
Over 40 Basketball with Alan Schultz
Pick-up games for fun and exercise. Bring a ball and clean shoes. Sorry, no drop-ins allowed. Please bring one white and one black shirt to designate teams.
- Dates & Times: Mondays, Oct. 17 to Dec. 12, 7:30 to 9:30 p.m.
- Location: North Lake Middle School Gym
- Cost: $25
- Ages: Over 40
- Class maximum: 25 athletes
- Registration closes: Oct. 16
Rhythm Kids by Elevate Music
Rhythm Kids® by Elevate Music Together
Our Rhythm Kids classes tap into how kids ages 4-9 are wired to learn. Djembe drumming, music games, rhythm pattern play, and more engage their creativity—and inspire them to explore their musicality in new ways, both during and outside class. During each weekly, high-energy class, kids have a blast singing, dancing, and jamming to rhythms and tunes inspired by musical traditions around the world. Their specially trained teacher leads group and individual activities that get students up and moving as they learn to compose, choreograph, and conduct. Bonus: The music and movement activities naturally support several key developmental areas, including executive function, emerging math skills, and leadership.
- Dates & Times: Oct. 12, 19 and 26; Nov. 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30; Dec. 7; 4:15 to 5 p.m.
- Location: Highland Elementary Music Room
- Cost: $210 /$80 for additional sibling
- Ages: 4 to 9
- Registration includes: Songbook, CD, digital download and drawstring backpack
- Class maximum: 14
- Registration closes: Oct. 11
Strategic Chess for Grades 1-5
Strategic Chess for Grades 1-5: All Skill Levels
Strategic Chess is back with new lessons! We use exciting stories to teach chess concepts in a way that makes it easy to remember and fun to learn. We use chess to teach many life skills and students will learn an amazing game that is played around the world. The registration fee includes weekly chess instruction and a chess tournament with trophies and prizes.
- Tuesdays: Skyline Elementary, 4 to 5 p.m.; Oct. 11 to Dec. 13; $130
- Wednesdays: Glenwood Elementary, 4 to 5 p.m.; Oct. 12 to Dec. 14; $117; No class Nov. 23
- Thursdays: Highland Elementary, 3:40 to 4:40 p.m.; Oct. 13 to Dec. 15; $117; No class Nov. 24
- Thursdays: Stevens Creek Elementary, 3:40 to 4:40 p.m.; 10/13 to 12/15; $117; No class Nov. 24
- Fridays: Mt. Pilchuck Elementary, 2:35 to 3:35 p.m.; Oct. 14 to Dec. 9; $91; No class Nov. 11 & 25
Engineering with LEGO®
Engineering with LEGO® - LEGO® Architecture: LEGO® Master Builders
Strategic Kids’ LEGO® Architecture: LEGO® Master Builders is a super fun and exciting class in which students will learn about simple architectural concepts in a fun and creative way! Children will design and build skyscrapers, columns, arches, piers, skylines, and more with LEGO®. The session will end with a student challenge to build their own city by incorporating all the ideas they learned about during the session.
- Mondays: Highland Elementary, 3:40 to 4:40 p.m.; Oct. 17 to Dec. 12; $126
- Tuesdays: Glenwood Elementary, 4 to 5 p.m.; Oct. 11 to Dec. 13; $140
- Wednesdays: Mt. Pilchuck Elementary, 4 to 5 p.m.; Oct. 12 to Dec. 14: $126; No class Nov. 23
- Thursdays: Skyline Elementary, 4 to 5 p.m.; Oct. 13 to Dec. 15; $126; No class Nov. 24
- Fridays: Stevens Creek Elementary, 2:15 to 3:15 p.m.; Oct. 14 to Dec. 9; $98; No class Nov. 11 and 25
Strategic Origami: Introduction to Origami
Introduction to Origami is a fun and exciting class where children will learn the Japanese art of Origami along with various aspects of Japanese culture. Each student will receive an origami instruction sheet and take home their creations each class. Origami creations include an origami box, a samurai helmet, ninja star, dogs, cats, cranes and more. We encourage learning through play and challenges using the origami they make and origami-related prizes will be awarded each week.
- Mondays: Glenwood Elementary, 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.; Oct. 17 to Dec. 12; $117
- Wednesdays: Skyline Elementary, 4 to 5 p.m.; Oct. 12 to Dec. 14; $117; No class Nov. 23
- Fridays: Highland Elementary, 2:15 to 3:15 p.m.; Oct. 14 to Dec. 9; $91; No class Nov. 11 & 25