Requesting Public Records
Access to public records is provided in compliance with applicable laws. While the state encourages disclosure of public records, state law does allow for some information to be withheld.
Before starting a search for accessible public records, please review the Public Records section of the Revised Code of Washington, Chapters 42.56.001 through 42.56.903. Detailed information on the state Public Records Act (RCW 42.56) is also available at the Office of the Attorney General.
Within five business days of receipt of the request (day one is the first working day after the request is received), the district will do one or more of the following:
- Make the records available for inspection or copying; or
- Identify an online location where the record can be accessed. (Requesters who cannot access the Internet may be provided hard copies or access to a district terminal to access the record); or
- Provide a reasonable estimate of when records will be available; or
- If the requestor is unclear or does not sufficiently identify the requested records, the district may request clarification. The public records officer or designee may revise the estimate of when records will be available based on any clarification received; or
- Deny the request in accordance with state law.
If you are interested in filing a public records request with the Lake Stevens School District, please complete the Request for Public Records Form. You may also submit your request electronically. Please note there is a fifteen cents ($.15) per page charge for a standard black and white photocopy of a requested record as a reasonable charge for copies per RCW 42.56.120.
If completing a paper request form, please return it to the Public Records Officer via email or mail or deliver to 12309 22nd Street NE, Lake Stevens, WA 98258.
For additional assistance, please contact our Public Records Officer, Jayme Taylor at 425-335-1501.