Breakfast & Lunch Fall 2020 Program
Meals During Distance Learning: Every Wednesday
REQUEST: Please Sign Up to help the food service team plan and prepare enough meals each site:
- NEW Curbside 5-Day Meal Kit Participation Sign Up *New Survey* with 5 school curbside sites starting 9/23/2020
- We added a 5th school (Hillcrest) for curbside pick-up
- Only need to submit 1 time per family
- We have had an overhelming response to our meal kit and will continue to do our best each week to adjust and prepare for the following week. This new survey will help us prepare for the 5 sites, instead of 4. Thank you for your time and support!
Information about Program:
- Curbside 5-Day Meal Kit
- FAQ about 5-Day Meal Kits Revised 10.26.2020
- Meal Kit Available Items and Entree Preparation Instructions Revised 10.23.2020
- Curbside Traffic Flow Maps - Revised 9.25.2020
- NEW Menu Items October and November 2020
USDA Extends Free Summer Meals for Kids Through December 31, 2020
Summer meal programs can continue operating as funding allows
(Washington, DC, August 31, 2020) – Today, U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue announced the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) will extend several flexibilities through as late as December 31, 2020. The flexibilities allow summer meal program operators to continue serving free meals to all children into the fall months. This unprecedented move will help ensure – no matter what the situation is on-the-ground – children have access to nutritious food as the country recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic. USDA has been and continues to be committed to using the Congressionally appropriated funding that has been made available. https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/WAOSPI/bulletins/29ca6b3
What does this mean for our Lake Stevens Meal Service Program?
We will serve and provide meals to all kids and teens ages 18 and younger. There is no payment necessary. All meals will be served free!
Online Menu & Nutrition - Fall 2020 Menu coming soon
Would you like more information? Click the button below to view menu offerings in a calendar layout, complete with nutritional information.
My School Menus Mobile AppThe My School Menus app is available on smartphones and tablets. Search "My School Menus" in your app installer for a free download.
- Interactive menu online
- You can pick your school, then pick the meal they would like to review: "breakfast" or "lunch"
- Allows users to calculate calorie intake and carbohydrate grams.
- Review nutrition information, as well as sort menu items according to allergens.
- Smartphone application is also available to download to your phone or tablet.
Meal Charging Guidelines - We are committed to ensuring all Lake Stevens students continue to have access to meals and quality nutrition they need to grow, learn and thrive. Our department relies on student payments, in addition to Federal reimbursements, to provide healthy, appealing and affordable meals to all students.