We love our volunteers! They are valued partners in the education of Lake Stevens’ students. Please review the information below. Thank you for your patience and your partnership!
Volunteer programs in Lake Stevens School District will:
- Provide a coordinated means of involvement that will help to raise student achievement;
- Enhance the learning experiences of students; and
- Create collaborative partnerships between schools and community members.
- For the safety of our students, a background check is part of the online application. Volunteers who work one-on-one with students—with permission from the school principal—must undergo a federal background check and fingerprinting.
- After completing the form, you will then receive an email with your approval status. Volunteer applications are valid for two years from the approval date.
- If you do not have a valid photo ID, or if your access to email and the Internet is limited, please call us at 425-335-1667 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for being a valued partner in the education of our students! Lake Stevens School District is using a new volunteer and visitor management system called SafeVisitor Solutions. This system, which was purchased using grant money, is designed to strengthen safety and security in our schools and streamline the sign-in process.
How does SafeVisitor work for volunteers?
SafeVisitor pulls information from the district's approved volunteer list. Volunteer policies and procedures have not changed. When visiting or volunteering in our schools, you will no longer sign in on paper. Instead, you will be assigned an electronic badge, which is accessible through the SafeVisitor mobile app (free download on App Store or Google Play).
Volunteers will still be asked to wear a visitor badge or a volunteer lanyard while on campus. Volunteers will have their photo taken in the main office. Please bring a government issued, valid photo identification with you to the school on your next visit.
What if I don't have a smartphone or can't download the mobile app?
School office staff can print you a badge if you aren't able to access the electronic version.
What if I don't have a government issued identification?
Please check with school office staff. Other forms of identification may be accepted. While safety is of the utmost priority, we want our schools to be welcoming and accommodating to all families.