SEBB Employee Insurance Benefits
Open Enrollment runs from October 26 - November 15, 2020.
The link to complete your enrollment is myaccount.hca.wa.gov.
Beginning Jan. 1, 2020, health insurance and other benefits for school district employees will be managed by the Washington State Health Care Authority through the School Employees Benefits Board (SEBB) Program. Please carefully read the information below.
September 2019 through December 2019
If you need to make changes to your current medical, dental or vision plans, open enrollment is Sept. 10 through 19 for the coverage period of Nov. 1 to Dec. 31, 2019.
Changes can include:
- Switching plans
- Adding or removing dependents
If you do not have plan changes, and you do not need to make adjustments to your dependents, you do not have to do anything. You will keep your current medical coverage through Dec. 31, 2019.
Open Enrollment for SEBB is Tuesday, Oct. 1 through Friday, Nov. 15
This is for coverage starting Jan. 1, 2020.
All employees who work 3.5 hours or more per day, who are part of a bargaining group, must enroll in a new plan. The district’s current medical, dental and vision plans will no longer exist after Dec. 31.
Get ready for open enrollment now!
- Verify your dependents. This is extremely important. Part of the enrollment process is to verify dependents added to your plans. You only have until Nov. 15 to verify your dependents with SEBB. This applies to all covered dependents. Even if you have already verified your dependents with Lake Stevens School District. If you miss the enrollment/verification deadline, your dependents will not have coverage. Review how to verify dependents and what paperwork is needed.
- Medical and dental plans and coverage have changed. Carefully review available plans and learn how to enroll. (A list of medical plans available to Snohomish County is included on page 33 of the enrollment guide.) If you want to retain your current health care providers, make the time now to contact the medical plans directly to ensure that coverage is available.
- Explore the SEBB website and read the SEBB newsletter
If you currently have a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), spend your funds!
You will not be able to carryover any FSA funds from the 2019 plan to the 2020 plan. Our FSA plan year ends Oct. 31. For support, contact American Fidelity directly.
Assistance is available during the following Open Houses at the Educational Service Center:
- Tuesday, Oct. 29 from 2:30 to 5 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 8 from 1 to 4 p.m.
Lake Stevens School District will not have a Benefits Fair this year. Please plan to attend one of the Open House sessions. Or, you may attend one of the SEBB Benefits Fairs throughout our area.
If you are unable to attend one of the Open House dates, please contact Michelle Williams, Payroll & Benefits Specialist, via email or at ext. 1511.