Welcome to Lake Stevens Schools! We are excited to welcome you and your child to our school district. We are proud of our schools, teachers, students and facilities, and want to make this first step in your child's education a great experience.
Kindergarten registration for the 2018-19 school year begins Tuesday, March 13. Students must be five-years-old by Aug. 31, 2018, to enroll in kindergarten for the 2018-19 school year.Kindergarten Parent Information Nights will take place on Thursday, May 10 at 6 p.m. all elementary schools. The first day of school for kindergarten for the 2018-19 school year is Monday, Sept. 10, 2018.
Please return completed enrollment packets to your neighborhood school on or after Tuesday, March 13. Students who will attend the new Stevens Creek Elementary School should drop off enrollment packets at their existing neighborhood school. If you are not sure which neighborhood school your student should attend, please reference the 2018-19 Elm. Boundary Map.
You will need the following items to enroll your child:
- Completed Enrollment Packet
- Birth Certificate (official copy, not the keepsake provided by the hospital)
- Proof of Immunization
- Proof of Residence (includes lease or rental agreement, PUD bill or cable bill)
For additional information about registration, contact your neighborhood school:
- Glenwood Elementary: (425) 335-1510
- Highland Elementary: (425) 335-1585
- Hillcrest Elementary: (425) 335-1545
- Mt. Pilchuck Elementary: (425) 335-1525
- Skyline Elementary: (425) 335-1520
- Sunnycrest Elementary: (425) 335-1535
- Stevens Creek Elementary: (425) 335-1690
Welcome to Kindergarten Brochure
In Lake Stevens School District we believe kindergarten is a year full of new experiences across the domains (cognitive, language, social emotional, literacy, math and physical) and every effort is made to support all students.
Ready, Set, Kindergarten Booklet
This booklet contains fun, simple and quick activities to do with your child throughout the months of June, July and August. Just five to 10 minutes each day of purposeful play will increase your child's readiness for success in kindergarten this fall.
- Ready, Set, Kindergarten (PDF)