We love our volunteers! They are valued partners in the education of Lake Stevens’ students. In an ongoing effort to keep our students and employees healthy, we are not hosting volunteers in our schools in August or September. In October, we will review current COVID-19 infections and state and national guidance and determine our next steps. Thank you for your patience and your partnership!Sept. 2021Dear Lake Stevens School District volunteers and partners,Earlier this month, Gov. Jay Inslee announced a new directive legally requiring all K-12 school district employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or to obtain a medical or religious exemption, by Monday, Oct. 18, 2021. This includes all employees in Lake Stevens School District, including substitutes, coaches, volunteers, partners and contractors.You are receiving this message because you are an approved volunteer/partner in the Lake Stevens School District. While we are not yet welcoming volunteers (with the exception of those who are required by district policy or educational program) in our schools for the 2021-22 school year, we wanted to share this information now so that you can meet important deadlines.Vaccination Details
Please follow this link to submit your proof of vaccination, or to request appropriate exemption forms.Some of the key elements of the proclamation are outlined below:
- You must be at least 14 days past the last dose of the applicable COVID-19 vaccine regimen by the date listed in the chart at the bottom of this message.
- Volunteers who are vaccinated will need to provide proof of vaccination. Attestation is not an allowable substitute for proof of vaccination. The information you provide regarding vaccination is a confidential record, and is not subject to disclosure.
- There are options for volunteers to request a medical or religious exemption. The applicable forms are attached to this message.
Vaccinations are readily available at local pharmacies and healthcare providers. Use this link to locate a vaccination appointment near you. Vaccination is the most effective tool we have in combating COVID-19. The currently approved COVID-19 vaccines are free, safe, and continuing to undergo the most intense safety monitoring in U.S. history. Millions of Americans have been vaccinated against COVID-19.Please refer to the frequently asked questions document on the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction’s (OSPI) website for additional information.Thank you for your service to our district, and for helping to protect the health and safety of our students and employees.Sincerely,Dr. Ken Collins
- Lake Stevens School District and our Board of Directors do not have local control over this matter. We are legally required to follow the Governor’s mandate.
- There is not an option to undergo regular testing for COVID-19 instead of receiving a vaccination or exemption.
- Vaccination is a condition of volunteering. If you do not provide proof of full vaccination or obtain a medical or religious accommodation by Monday, Oct. 18, 2021, you will be unable to volunteer in our schools and district.
- This proclamation does not include vaccine requirements for students. It also does not replace the current requirement for all students, staff, and visitors to wear face coverings in schools and on school buses.
We encourage family and community members, as well as local businesses, to consider serving in our schools. Not able to volunteer during school hours? Many schools offer volunteer opportunities that can be completed at home. Volunteering is an excellent way to demonstrate to our students the value our community places in their education and their school.
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Oportunidades Voluntarias
- Volunteer Handbook
- Policy 5500: Sexual Harassment of Students
To volunteer in our district, complete the following online form. For the safety of our students, volunteer applicants must undergo a Washington State Patrol background check before they can begin their service. Volunteers who work one-on-one with students (with permission from the school principal) must undergo a federal background check and fingerprinting.
A background check will be conducted after you submit your online application. You will then receive an email with your approval status. Volunteer applications are valid for two years from the approval date.
*If you do not have valid photo identification, or if you have limited access to email and the Internet, please let us know. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-335-1667.